I have a five hour road trip coming up this week and I want to be as prepared for it as I can! I’ll be going with some friends, thankfully, so I will have people I can chat with rather than driving by myself (which used to be the plan until carpooling came into the picture!). Here are some of the best must haves to take with you for any road trip!
- Phone and necessary chargers! Gotta have the playlists ready to go at all times.
- Bluetooth connection/headphones/AUX cord! Every car is different but with all of these supplies you’ll be able to jam out no matter what model you’re in.
- Small trash bag! With all of the snacks and little things you take with you, the trash can build up faster than you think. Make sure to have a designated place for when you’re done with things!
- Snacks! I personally love having small fruits like strawberries or blueberries with me, as well as chocolate and pretzels. Simple snack foods that are easy to find at every store or gas station.
- Kleenex or tissues! No matter where you’re road tripping, there’s gonna be pollen, especially around this time of year. Make sure that you have all of the essentials for allergies!
- Chapstick! This is a must have for any type of traveling, honestly.
- Advil/Tylenol/Benadryl! Same sort of preparation as the Kleenex, but a bit more relevant for everyone, not just those with allergies. It’s a really good thing to have.
- Comfy travel clothes and shoes! I’m going to be wearing my favorite sneakers and a comfy vest from my favorite clothing company while traveling so I’ll be in comfort and style!
- Water bottle and water refills! This is a must have for everyone, no matter what! Driving can take a lot out of people, paradoxically. Stay hydrated as well as you can!
- Books or audiobooks or podcasts! Some sort of entertainment that will keep you and the occupants of the car occupied during the long stretches of straightways is always a good idea!
- Car games, such as Name that blank or listing off as many things of one category as you can! My personally favorite road trip memory was with one of my best friends and my parents where we listed off as many historically important events during the twentieth century; it almost lasted two hours!
- Gum! This can help stop you from eating more snacks than you should, it’s an appetite suppressant!
- Sunglasses! Especially in Southern California, it’s going to be sunny out. Make sure to protect your eyes while going on long road trips!
These are all of the must haves for road tripping. Depending on where you’re going, you might need to tweak some of the things on the list! Do you like road tripping? Is there anything you need that I didn’t mention? Let me know! And, of course, thank you so much for reading!