I’ve taken a bunch of different tests throughout my years of college. I’ve taken personality tests and aptitude tests so that my professors can know what type of student they have in their class. I’ve taken the Myers-Briggs test several times (and I always forget what type I am). In fact, I was debating that test along with the DISC test with my parents, which lead to making me take the Enneagram. And wow, am I glad that I did.
You can find the test that I took right here: Enneagram Test.
This test was free, which is a huge plus (especially as a college student). It took me a total of less than ten minutes. It was quite simple, just picking a statement that fitted me the best. I took it at the same time as my mom, which made it a bit of a competitive environment. There is a total of 36 statements with two answers to pick from for each one.
Example: I work hard to earn: (the respect and admiration of others) or (the trust and support of others).
Sometimes the questions were a bit difficult in the sense that I had to think hard about which statement applied the best to me. I also had to struggle a bit to be completely honest with both myself and the test. But in the end, I’m glad that I was.
My result was Type 3, the Achiever, described as “energetic, optimistic, self-assured, and goal oriented.” I agree with this assessment. Helpfully, there were some other things listed about my type.
How to Get Along with a Type 3:
- Leave me alone when I am doing my work.
- Give me honest, but not unduly critical or judgmental, feedback.
- Help me keep my environment harmonious and peaceful.
- Don’t burden me with negative emotions.
- Tell me you like being around me.
- Tell me when you’re proud of me or my accomplishments.
I also wholeheartedly agree with this. I work very hard and make sure that it’s good work by focusing completely on it.
Some Good Things about Being a 3:
- Being optimistic, friendly, and upbeat.
- Providing well for my family.
- Being able to recover quickly from setbacks and to charge ahead to the next challenge.
- Staying informed, knowing what’s going on.
- Being competent and able to get things to work efficiently.
- Being able to motivate people.
Some Bad Things About Being a 3:
- Having to put up with inefficiency and incompetence.
- The fear on not being — or of not being seen as — successful.
- Comparing myself to people who do things better.
- Struggling to hang on to my success.
- Putting on facades in order to impress people.
- Always being “on.” It’s exhausting.
It was really cool to get these results because they were almost 100% accurate in describing me and my inner motivations. I highly recommend taking the Enneagram test because it will help open your eyes to yourself. It also helps people in your life to understand you, like your boss or your family. I suggested this to my coach for volleyball so that everyone can understand each other better.
All in all, I’m happy with the results of the Enneagram test. I think it’s pretty spot-on, and I have shared it with some of the most important people in my life and they agree. It’s always good to be able to understand each other, so take the test today! As always, thanks for reading!